Menu
NinaThornhill
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Removing outside cabling due to house demolition

We will shortly be demolishing a house with a Virgin Media broadband connection. We need to remove the outside cabling from the street to the house, because the cable will otherwise be destroyed by the site works.  Destroying the cable would have potential impacts on the larger network. How can we arrange for Virgin to remove the cable, please?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Removing outside cabling due to house demolition

You can contact VM to report the problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

The best time to call is weekdays 08:00 to get a UK agent, anything after 10:00 you must realise that you are quite likely to get through to an offshore agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for getting in touch with us NinaThornhill.

I would be happy to take a look into this for you, if you haven't already got in touch with the team to arrange this.

If you haven't been in touch with the team already, please let me know and I can get this sorted for you.

Regards

Steven_L

NinaThornhill
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much Steven. Your reply is reassuring, much appreciated. The demolition is taking place in December 2020. If we cannot achieve anything by contacting the team at Virgin then I will take you up on your offer to contact you in late November or December, after we have moved out and done the internal disconnection from the VM broadband. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's no problem NinaThornhill.

I hope everything goes ok, when you get in touch with us but we are here if you need any help with getting this arranged.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos