cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Virgin Media junction box and cabling (fixed to side gate which is being repaired)

shweeneypeas
Joining in

Hi Virgin Media forum team,

We recently moved into a new home we purchased (we are no longer Virgin Media customers). We are replacing our side gate soon, but there's significant cabling that's attached to it, which is running into a Virgin Media junction box on our external wall. (We have two Virgin boxes on our internal walls too).

There is also a metal mount on our front garden wall -- we are likely to be removing and replacing this wall as well.

I've attached photos to demonstrate.

We'll plan to remove all of this equipment ourselves in the near future, but I wanted to give your team the opportunity to remove it, in case it's important and affects neighbouring customers.

Best wishes,

Martin

IMG_7324.JPGIMG_7320.JPGIMG_7321.JPGIMG_7322.JPGIMG_7323.JPG

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VMs policy is that cabinet drops to no longer serviced addresses are only removed due to Health & Safety issues. Understandably, they do not want to remove these drop lines which would be capped at the street point & then require the expence of repulling (or failing to repull & having to dig up the duct) to service a new customer at the property a while later.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks