cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove VM box and cables

Leire
Joining in

Hi,

I have recently purchased a house that has virgin installed and the previous residents may have been Virgin Customers. There's a box in one of the rooms and cables in the facade. 

I'd like to remove both to repair the facade and redecorate the interior of the house. What is the way to procedure? 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Internal cabling can be disconnected from the outside box & removed.

VM in general will not come out to a non customer unless there is an H & S issue with the drop line install. These are left for future self-install connections, & also cutting them off is likely to cause blockages in the street ducting leading to properties being declared unserviceable in future.

Having said that what you do on your own property is your choice.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Leire, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, as mentioned above this is the case sorry.

However you are free to remove this yourself if you wish. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Leire
Joining in

Hi!

Thank you so much for your answers. I have checked that cables are already disconnected from the Virgin box outside the house so I think I can remove them safely.😁

No problem at all, it should just come off. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?