cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of virgin media cable

martinj4
Joining in

Hi,

I'm building a house and there's a VM cable running across the whole site attached to 2 chimneys and another 2 houses either side........I've been emailing VM for weeks to get the cable removed. Please reply asap.

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Probably best if you started your own thread on this to avoid confusion but:

You won't get any response to emails. 

On here you will only get a staff member offering to look into it, which will go nowhere. 

Advice: Check carefully on the property deeds whether there is a wayleave or other authority for those cables. If there is, they must stay there. If there isn't, the answer is in your own hands. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

thanks...........Thankfully there's no wayleave on the deeds

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@jpeg1 wrote:

Probably best if you started your own thread on this to avoid confusion but:

You won't get any response to emails. 

On here you will only get a staff member offering to look into it, which will go nowhere. 

Advice: Check carefully on the property deeds whether there is a wayleave or other authority for those cables. If there is, they must stay there. If there isn't, the answer is in your own hands . Probably with the help of a ladder. 

wayleave does not usually get onto deeds and [again usually] dies with a house sale or land sale

to the cable - are you sure its VM - you say attached to 2 chimneys - thats hard to understand but if in the air then it would be unusual for VM - start with some photos but expect to be ignored and messed about - staff on here [at best] will just pass it on - on line CS will not have a clue and will tell you anything to get you off the line 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi maetinj4, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues reaching the team to submit your request. 

I would be happy to look in to this further for you but I will need to take a few details first.

To do this, I will pop you over a private message to the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat