cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of outside box and cabling

DashS
Joining in

I am not a Virgin customer but have a box and very large unsightly cabling going across my garden how do I get both removed?

97 REPLIES 97

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @MSdR

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

You are able to remove the inside cabling yourself, however we wouldn't be able to get the outside cabling removed. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Chris9111
Joining in

Hi,

Just moved into a property which has previously had Virgin Media. 

I need to have the brown box and external cabling removed as I’m having my gas meter relocated and where the brown exterior box is is exactly where the gas meter will be going. 

Will an engineer be able to disconnect the brown box and cables that come from the street supply to the front wall of my house? 

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Thanks for your post @Chris91111, and a very warm welcome to you!

We can remove the cabling for you, this however may result in the property being classed as non-serve moving forward, meaning that either yourself, or future tenants, would not be able to use our services.

If you're happy with this, feel free to come back to us, and we can arrange for the cabling to be removed for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Yes, if possible I would like to arrange an engineer to visit and remove the cabling and brown box from the front of my property. 

Kind regards,

Chris

No problem @Chris91111,

I'll be happy to help, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

GHTRESXC541
Joining in

Hi 

I would like someone to remove an old box and cabling from my property (which was there when we moved in). We are having an extension built and works to our property undertaken and therefore the box and cabling needs to be removed. It also appears to be unsafe as one box has become detached from the wall in what is a very narrow accessway. 

I understand it is no longer in use. Can you please send someone out to remove it?

Kind regards

Hi there @GHTRESXC541

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear you are facing this issue with an outside box! 

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can sort something for you. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message received. 

Thank you. 

Heyneesam
Joining in

Hi, 

Just bought a property that has multiple boxes on the outside of the house, and lots of cables running from the front to tbe back. The brown box casing has completely come off. 

We are wanting to get the brickwork restored on the outside and also complete an extension which is currently impossible with the amount of cables running along the house. Is someone able to come out and remove the cables that run along the house, remove the secondary boxes and fix the main brown box please? I don't mind the cables running to the main brown box as once we move in would like to become a virgin customer.

Thanks

Hi, I need the outside box and cabling removed, how do I go about having this done? The cable is tacked to wooden edging that needs replacing and the box is preventing me having external insulation installed on my house. Need these removing ASAP otherwise I’ll be forced to remove and dispose of it myself.

@LouiseSThomas wrote:

Hi, I need the outside box and cabling removed, how do I go about having this done? The cable is tacked to wooden edging that needs replacing and the box is preventing me having external insulation installed on my house. Need these removing ASAP otherwise I’ll be forced to remove and dispose of it myself.

if you read on here it can be a big ask - they dont want to do anything unless its seen s a health and safety issue - staff can ask the area field manager to get someone to look - that hs mixed results from the request being ignored to cable being removed but it can take time - if the removal is urgent i would see what staff say but give them a time frame - if nothing happens then remove it - if you do it in such a way you can put it back after the works done then thats the best solution but thats your decision if vm do nothing

Tony.
Sacked VIP