Menu
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 41 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removal of outside box and cabling

Good afternoon @MSdR

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

You are able to remove the inside cabling yourself, however we wouldn't be able to get the outside cabling removed. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Chris9111
Joining in
Message 42 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just moved into a property which has previously had Virgin Media. 

I need to have the brown box and external cabling removed as I’m having my gas meter relocated and where the brown exterior box is is exactly where the gas meter will be going. 

Will an engineer be able to disconnect the brown box and cables that come from the street supply to the front wall of my house? 

Thanks in advance,

Chris

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 43 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post @Chris91111, and a very warm welcome to you!

We can remove the cabling for you, this however may result in the property being classed as non-serve moving forward, meaning that either yourself, or future tenants, would not be able to use our services.

If you're happy with this, feel free to come back to us, and we can arrange for the cabling to be removed for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Chris9111
Joining in
Message 44 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Yes, if possible I would like to arrange an engineer to visit and remove the cabling and brown box from the front of my property. 

Kind regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 45 of 47
Flag for a moderator

No problem @Chris91111,

I'll be happy to help, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
GHTRESXC541
Joining in
Message 46 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I would like someone to remove an old box and cabling from my property (which was there when we moved in). We are having an extension built and works to our property undertaken and therefore the box and cabling needs to be removed. It also appears to be unsafe as one box has become detached from the wall in what is a very narrow accessway. 

I understand it is no longer in use. Can you please send someone out to remove it?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 47 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @GHTRESXC541

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear you are facing this issue with an outside box! 

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can sort something for you. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message received. 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos