cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of old virgin box and cables

laurenmcgale
Joining in

Hello, I bought a property that has an old brown virgin box and cabling attached to front. The wires are a hazard, the box is hanging off the wall and full of old ivy roots, and frankly it's a bit of an eyesore. As it is Virgins property, and I am not an electrical engineer, I would like someone to remove it from the property please - can that be arranged? I am not a Virgin customer, nor planning to be, it was previous owners presumably. It looks old and unsafe as it is and needs to go. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person should respond on here in a day or two and try and sort it for you.

Give them a chance to do it neatly - If they cant/won't/don't, then the general response from community members here is to is just remove it yourself and put it in a skip.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you! I dont know how I feel about removing it myself... it's just a big wire that disappears into the footpath outside. I have visions of electrocuting myself if I just cut it/rip it out. Would feel much happier if they would do it, as they have the expertise and seems like it should be their responsibility!

theres no current or voltage that will do you or anyone else any harm - its data thats coming down it pretty much the same as an aerial cable - but as said give them chance - a VM bod will get to the thread and arrange via an area field manager [AFM] to get it sorted

thats when it may go pear shaped - AFM's come from helpful to not so - a tech may turn up and sort it or your request may be forgotten and nothing happen 

so give them a reasonable time - a few weeks and then decide - take no notice of those who say its a utility and cannot be removed - total rubbish - but if VM remove it the property is likely to be black listed so an install cannot happen in the future

if you dont want to be bothered with all of that - a pair of wire cutters is all you need

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Good Morning @laurenmcgale, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'd be able to arrange for the brown box to be removed, or fixed.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn