cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of hazardous cable from front garden

Jo_0401
Joining in

Hi

I'm no longer a virgin media customer but I have a long Virgin Media cable that is not buried in my front garden. The person who installed Virgin never buried this and as my garden is small it is a massive trip hazard. There is also no cover on the box on the wall (never has been) so all the wires are exposed. How do I get someone to come and remove this for me? 

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

post some photos they will/may help

wait here for VM - they will contact the area field manager who MAY get it sorted or is just as likely to ignore the request in the hope you will go away

if the latter then remove it yourself and put it in the bin - there is no danger attached to that

but if VM remove it your property is likely to be marked as non serviceable for any future install

so wait a bit but give them a timescale to sort it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Jo_0401,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that the cabling is causing in your garden, I can arrange for this to be looked into further by a technician but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Jo_0401.

I have mailed the area manager to arrange for this to be looked into, I will be back in touch with you as soon as I have any further updates from him.

Regards,

Steven_L