cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of green Virgin cable

Zakrael
Joining in

So I am not a Virgin customer, but a previous owner of our property was.

Their fibre installation has left a green cable snaking across our front garden that is currently a health and safety hazard - I've tripped over it a few times and almost put a spade through it twice. Are we safe to cut this cable and remove it ourselves, and if not how do we get this removed and disposed of?

Getting rid of the brown wall box would also be great.

4 REPLIES 4

Shroko
Superfast

VM technicians should have buried that in the first place. They seldom do. 

You could ask VM to remove it, but that would mean having to contact customer services, an experience that often is akin to poking red hot pokers in your eye balls. 

Just cut it yourself, it's only coax cable wrapped in green trunking. If you never intend to take VM services, that will be your best option. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

DON’T CUT IT. Wait for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you can wait for staff here to get in touch they should do that in the next day or two - from there its hit and miss - they will contact the area field manager [AFM] thats where it gets hit and miss - some AFM's will send a tech out to sort things for you others seem to simply ignore such requests

you may also be told to simply remove it - the fact that you have reported it as a H & S problem may concentrate minds but dont hold your breath - as i say staff will contact you by PM for personal details - be clear what you want and in what time frame and add that if that is not met then you will simply remove it - there is no voltage in the cable so no danger in removing it

if however you want VM in the future you may find your address blacklisted 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Zakrael

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message to collect some information to get this sorted, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs