Menu
lj170884
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Removal of fibre cable

Hi, virgin came to my house and installed a fibre cable. They drilled it through my garden wall and ran through my garden. The issue is I was never consulted about this and was out at the time. I was not happy to say the least as I have a driveway being built and this goes right through the middle. 

I cancelled the insulation as customer service was poor. They said they was coming to remove the cable but never showed up. I have two complaint numbers and no one get a back to me. How do I remove the cable?

I have reported virgin to the CMA service and am waiting for them to deal with the matter but that doesn't help when I have a contractor waiting to start work and can't because of VIRGIN!!!

Please help.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removal of fibre cable

Hello lj170884

Really sorry to hear of the recent cabling to your property, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We can see you have called and spoken to the team who have contacted the Area Field Manager in regards to the removal of the cables, that was on the 1st May and there hasn't been an update on this since then. I have  emailed them again today to request and update on what is happening and if anything has been arranged.

As soon as I get an update back I will let you know here.

Rob

0 Kudos
lj170884
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Rob. I have tried calling again twice thus week but put in hold for over 30 minutes and had to get back to work.

Lee

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I'm still waiting to hear back from my earlier email lj170884, I'll be completely honest with you as I'm out of the office over the weekend so likely won't have an update on this till Monday at the earliest. If I still haven't heard back from them by then I will escalate this and get an answer for you on Monday if that's okay?

Rob

0 Kudos
lj170884
Tuning in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Rob

That's fine. No one from virgin is getting back to me so just waiting to try and raise it higher and out of their hands

Lee

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

VM seem to have no policy for this - i can point you to a thread where a manager says just remove it as they will not come out - there are other threads that say you should not

some here argue its a utility service as gas - elec and water and therefor you cannot touch it - theres nothing in law or regulations to back that up

there are further arguments about permission via wayleave that is granted - again that has no basis in law afaik

the bottom line is its really up to you - you might get help from them - you certainly would if you shouted Health and safety 

Tony
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post -tony- it does seem to be a bit of a grey area and I've asked for some clarification on this from those above. As lj170884 advised some work had been completed including drilling we would need to get an AFM out to take a look which is what I have tried to arrange.

If I've not heard anything back when I'm back in the office on Monday I will look to get this escalated.

Rob

0 Kudos
lj170884
Tuning in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Tony. Please can you send the link to previous comment about removal myself. If I haven't heard anything by the end of next week I can then crack on by myself with the removal. 

Lee

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi lj170884

I've still not heard from the Area Field Manager, I will escalate this to the Regional Manager as it appears there has been no response since the 1st of the month which simply isn't good enough. 

I have checked with my manager and if you want to remove the cabling yourself you are able to do so.

Rob

0 Kudos
lj170884
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rob,

Received an SMS today saying they will remove it on Thursday. Last time I received one of these SMS no one turned up.

Can you just confirm you work for Virgin and what department? As if this is the case then I will remove it at the weekend if there is a no show. 

Lee

0 Kudos