cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of cable through garden and around exterior of property

frazmcdaz
Joining in

Good Morning

We moved in to a property last year who used Virgin Media.  We also carried on using it until this week when our contract ended.  The cable goes through our front garden and is unburied.  It then goes the whole way around the exterior of the house and comes in through the back of the house.  We will be having building work done and would need this cable removed prior to work starting.  It is a trip hazard in the front garden to our children.  Can you please advise how I go about removing the cable?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@frazmcdaz wrote:

Good Morning

We moved in to a property last year who used Virgin Media.  We also carried on using it until this week when our contract ended.  The cable goes through our front garden and is unburied.  It then goes the whole way around the exterior of the house and comes in through the back of the house.  We will be having building work done and would need this cable removed prior to work starting.  It is a trip hazard in the front garden to our children.  Can you please advise how I go about removing the cable?

Many thanks

wait for VM to come to the thread - they may be able to help - thats MAY - all depends on the local area manager who it will be referred to - some are excellent others will ignore your request hoping you go away - no way to know which you have

you may get all sorts of input saying it a utility and you should not touch it - complete rubbish - so give VM time - set a time scale and if they do nothing then wire clippers at the boundary and remove it and put it in the skip - no danger to you

if VM do remove it then your property will be marked unserviceable so you will have a uphill battle if you want VM in the future

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi frazmcdaz, thanks for the message. I have checked the system and cannot see anything booked. I will send you a private message to see if we can get this resolved for you. ^Chris 

TTIAP
On our wavelength
you're better off starting from scratch, you'll never be able to get anyone out to service the area, your best bet is literally leaving them and either rejoining so lacky comes out to install a new box, or changing over to Sky or another service, you'll 10000% get nobody to come and take that wire up, even if you do book it.