Menu
kellypayne171
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Removal of box and cables

Hi There,

Hopefully someone can help!

My grandmother (in her late 70's so not very good with technology) has asked me if I can find out what the box and cables are outside her house and if she can have them removed. I believe they are her old VM connection and was wondering if 1. someone can confirm they are her old VM connection and 2. point me in the right direction to have them removed?

Thanks so much for your time, I've included an image of the cables and box below.

IMG-20210421-WA0007.jpg

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removal of box and cables

Hi @kellypayne171,

Welcome back to our community forums.

In regards to the cable, Just to confirm is your grandmother no longer with our services? Is she with another provider. We do not take on this type of work, however due to the loose cabling, we can look into this for you.

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kellypayne171
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi There,

No my grandmother is no longer with your services, she is happy to have someone local come and remove the cables for her, she just wanted confirmation that they were in fact an old virgin media cable and not something else.

We would be very grateful for any help you can give us

Thank you for your time

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi kellypayne171,

Thank you for confirming. 

As my colleague Akua has advised, we aren't currently conducting non essential jobs, such as the removal of old equipment and cabling ect. However given the nature of the situation as the possible health and safety risk it imposes, I'm going to get in touch with the local Area Field Manager for you to see if we can get someone out to clean this up for you.

I've popped you over a PM so I can take some further details.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi kellypayne171,

Thanks very much for providing all the details via PM.

I have now contacted the Area Field Manager for your area and forwarded over the images of the cabling. As soon as I hear back from him with an update I'll pop you a message from here.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
kellypayne171
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh that's so wonderful, thank you very much 🙂

Kelly

0 Kudos