Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocating my router

Joining in


I would like to book an engineer to relocate our router at home but I'm not sure of the best way to arrange for this to happen. I know some other posts have had VM staff contact them once they have posted but couldn't find the information on the posts themselves about how to go about this. Can anyone confirm the best way to go about it?


Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi drsdunne 

There would be a £25 non fault call out charge (it used to be £99) to do the work you require.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey drsdunne,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,