Menu
Chezr_2610
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Reliable postcode checker

Hi, I’m wondering if there is a link to a reliable postcode checker to see if VM operate in your area. I’m currently having to move addresses and I’ve tried my new postcode and it says it isn’t installed in that area, but when I checked my current postcode it also said it isn’t installed in my area, when it actually is, as I have been a customer for around 12 years at this address 🤯

I really need to know if it’s installed in new area and trying to get through to VM on the phone is almost impossible 🤯

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reliable postcode checker

AFAIK - there is only the one checker and it its pretty accurate - albeit as you say there can be glitches. A VM person ought to respond on here in a day or two. If your new postcode is "local" whay not just go around to the new address and see whether the properties surrounding yours have been cabled up - will be quite obvious from the external "omniboxes", tee's in the pavements, etc.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Chezr_2610
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, oh! I never thought to look at that! Oops! I see they all seem to have satellite dishes tho 😭

I really hope they do have VM as I have not long renewed my contract, little did I know I’d become unwell and need an adapted bungalow and even more surprised at being offered one so soon! 

i shall have a look tomorrow! 

many thanks 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Chezr_2610

welcome back to the forum page and thanks for posting on here. 

Were you able to check your new postcode with the postcode checker or do you still need our assistance today? More than happy to help if so but please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Chezr_2610
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thank you for your offer of help, Serena helped me out with it all yesterday 😊

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's great to hear @Chezr_2610

Please do let me know if you need any further assistance and we are more than happy to help 🙂 

Have a fab day 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide