Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Rejoin virgin broadband don't want to cancel after all

Losing the will to live! Forever four hours now I have tried repeatedly to get through to virgin. Every time I am put on hold for over an hour and then the line goes dead grrrr

I was due to leave virgin media/broadband today as moving out, so cancelled package,  but I am now staying put.

I have the same phone line connected still, the hub everything, nothing's changed...I just want to keep the same package and have my broadband switched back on. 

Pits really that simple but I cannot get through to anyone to get this reinstated for me...it's so frustrating. It's a simple case of same customer, same package, same equipment, just flick the switch to get me connected please. I can't get through at all to anyone that can help so what do I do....help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rejoin virgin broadband don't want to cancel after all

@diamonddee123 wrote:

Losing the will to live! Forever four hours now I have tried repeatedly to get through to virgin. Every time I am put on hold for over an hour and then the line goes dead grrrr

I was due to leave virgin media/broadband today as moving out, so cancelled package,  but I am now staying put.

I have the same phone line connected still, the hub everything, nothing's changed...I just want to keep the same package and have my broadband switched back on. 

Pits really that simple but I cannot get through to anyone to get this reinstated for me...it's so frustrating. It's a simple case of same customer, same package, same equipment, just flick the switch to get me connected please. I can't get through at all to anyone that can help so what do I do....help!

Try the text service 07533 051 809.

Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Or try at 8am when they are the least busy ? 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tried the text service I am getting put back into another queue. I find it ridiculous that a simple request to continue with virgin media (my cut off day was today) instead of leaving cannot be processed simply.

hours and hours of getting nowhere! Frustrating beyond belief that no one can help or the line goes dead

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@diamonddee123 wrote:

Tried the text service I am getting put back into another queue. I find it ridiculous that a simple request to continue with virgin media (my cut off day was today) instead of leaving cannot be processed simply.

hours and hours of getting nowhere! Frustrating beyond belief that no one can help or the line goes dead

It's unfortunate that VM are busier than usual.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@diamonddee123 wrote:

I find it ridiculous that a simple request to continue with virgin media (my cut off day was today) instead of leaving cannot be processed simply.

It may be simple to you, but considering you have cancelled the contract and there's a cease date in the system, you can't just expect for that contract to carry on as normal. I would expect that they'll have to wait for that contract to elapse and then create a new contract. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi diamonddee123

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for this experience. We're not able to sort packages out here, you'll need to either call us on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or alternatively send us a text on 07533051809 and we can assist further. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

i have done both of those suggestions today and waited hours and hours only to either be cut off or not get anywhere. Even with the text service as I have almost no signal with my virgin mobile account. 

I just want my service resumed but getting nowhere 🙍🏻😟

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I managed to get through after an hour to a virgin employee and he told me that as the cease date was pony yesterday and that everything is still in place, it would be simple to just get it reconnected straight away...but that I had to go through the relevant department to do this, and transferred me over, whereby I was then put on hold for over an hour and then the line went dead. I then couldn't get through at all after going through the same process only to be cut off again. So I tried the text service and was told I would get a call back but my virgin mobile signal is appalling here so I'm in limbo. 

I really have tried ALL avenues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I am sorry again as stated it's not something we can do here. From checking the system you'll also need to advise the supplier you were going with to fully cancel the port order their side and then team over the phone can assist with this

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos