Menu
DylanStocker
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Regular internet dropouts

We've been using virgin media at our new address for just over two weeks and in the last few days have started experiencing regular dropouts that interfere with our work. The internet drops on all devices, regardless of connection type.

- We have checked the local service status and there are no known issues in the area (area reference 25).

- We have rebooted the router and replugged the cables. When the internet drops out the power light is green (Hub 3).

Any advice would be appreciated!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regular internet dropouts

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com

0 Kudos
DylanStocker
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've set one up 'North Road Virgin Media.' I'm not 100% what this tells me
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
DylanStocker
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Right I see there's data now as we've had it running a couple of hours. I'll share once we get a drop as I don't think it shows anything at the moment
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just post the 'Live Link' then you don't have to remember it.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
DylanStocker
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
DylanStocker
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The 100% packet loss was from when we reset the router.
0 Kudos
DylanStocker
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The monitor now shows two occasions where we had dropouts.
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to  to you, hope your move went well, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your connection dropping.

I have tried to have a look at things our end but was unable to locate your account will the details we have.

When the connection is dropping is this happening on all devices in the house or just one device?

It has been almost a week since your last post how have things been going are you still having the same issue?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos