Menu
KamikazeBob
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Refer a Friend referral credit not applied

I got my new connection after moving into my flat a couple of months ago, and the guy signing me up put through a Refer a Friend with my ex's account so we'd both get the £50 off our bill.  My bills have come through since then and nothing has been credited.

What's the best number to call on this?  I'm working from home and can't spend a lot of time on this.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a Friend referral credit not applied

You need to ring customer services, but be prepared to spend over an hour on hold. 

Or you can ring at 8am and spend significantly less time on hold. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@KamikazeBob wrote:

I got my new connection after moving into my flat a couple of months ago, and the guy signing me up put through a Refer a Friend with my ex's account so we'd both get the £50 off our bill.  My bills have come through since then and nothing has been credited.

What's the best number to call on this?  I'm working from home and can't spend a lot of time on this.

hmmmm the bit i highlight does not look right - thats not how its done afaik - agents might say that but its wrong - again afaik 

the correct way is for the VM customer to refer you

so lets look at what you have - do you have an email from VM saying you will get the discount and does your ex have a similar email - if not then you have been mislead [ i will add again - afaik]

if you dont have the emails do you have anything else as a hard copy or is it all word of mouth

Tony
0 Kudos
KamikazeBob
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Called through, and found out that it was submitted, but then cancelled off for a BS reason. Guy on the other end of the phone wasn't listening, so back on trying to talk to complaints about it.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I tend to agree that the wording of this not looking good, and as you say you don't want to spend any time on the issue I think that is exactly what you will encounter a lot of time, with nothing to show for it in the end. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

if you and the other party did not get emails confirming it when it was done then it was done incorrectly and you are wasting your time [imo]

Tony
0 Kudos