Menu
Janmc58
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Red light

Received my kit on Saturday.  Set up all connections but showing constant red light.  Various texts- switch off/switch on etc.  Asked to call - rang 3 times - cut off.  Going to try again later when I get back home.  Think I need an engineer visit.  Any help or suggestions?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Red light

Hi Janmc58,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to our community and Virgin Media, I am sorry to hear your services weren't working when you connected everything up.

I have managed to locate your account with the details we have for you and can see that everything looks active now, if this isn't the case please let us know and I will be happy to help further?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Janmc58
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi - thabks for the response. Unsure how everything showing active.  The hub has been switched off since Monday.   I have an engineer calling tomorrow

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know @Janmc58

If we are able to do anything to assist further then please do let me know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

mattygg
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon

A constant red light usually means the router is in "modem mode". If you are able to plug a computer into the router and log onto a web browser.

Go to address 192.168.100.1.

This should get you into the router settings.

Once here you can change it back to "router mode"

Hope this helps

Matt

Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@mattygg wrote:

Afternoon

A constant red light usually means the router is in "modem mode". <snip>

A constant red light is overheating.  A constant magenta light is modem mode.  However some report the difference between the two is hard to distinguish.

Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Janmc58,

Please do let us know how it goes after the engineer visit 🙂

I hope this gets resolved for you but we are here if you need further help.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Janmc58
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi - thanks for your response.  It is a new installation of a Hub 4 and instructions state red light due to possible problems with connection.  We still have all the vm boxes (brown outside/white inside) from the last time we were with VM.  Hoped to do quick start but engineer due to visit this morning so I will leave to the expert.  I will post outcome to hopefully assist others

0 Kudos
Janmc58
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi - thanks for your response.  Definitely a red light but I have only had the Hub 4 on for just under an hour each time I have tried to set up so hopefully overheating is not the problem.  Engineer due this morning

0 Kudos
Janmc58
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Spoiler
Hi - quick update.  2 engineers called this morning - Neil & Brian.  All sorted - I had not been connected to the network at the road box.  Changed the location of the internal box for me as we has reconfigured the room since we last had VM and didnt want trailing wires.  Excellent service - up and running now.  Credit were it is due! 
Tags (2)
0 Kudos