cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on router

Jiman11
Joining in

Just received broadband package today and plugged it in to two different plugs and yet the light flashes white for a little while then turns solid red? This has happened multiple times already. 

Just started with Virgin media and if it carries on like this then I will cancel my subscription. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub model is it ? Its on the base sticker?

See this for lights explanation...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean

You could call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 or 0345 454 1111 and book a Tech install

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

That_E90_Guy
Up to speed

A red light means the hub is overheating, even if the hub isnt hot to touch more than likely something inside is failing. But yes, for the sake or your sanity, just cancel. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub model is it ? Its on the base sticker?

See this for lights explanation...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean

You could call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 or 0345 454 1111 and book a Tech install

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.