Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Red light on install

I installed my virgin media equipment last night. The hub would only show a red power light. It wouldnt give a white power light. 

I pushed on, and phone broadband and TiVo are working but still only a red light. 

I've restarted the hub twice and reset it too. But still only a red light. 

Unsure what it could be as the services are working still.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Red light on install

If all services (and in particular broadband) are working properly, it is most likely that the hub has a fault that makes it think it is overheating - seem to have been a batch of these recently.   You could try a "pin-hole reset" using the tiny hole on the back of the hub, that MIGHT sort it, but I'm guessing a manufacturing fault is involved, in which case a reset does nothing.  

Assuming a reset does nothing, you'll need a replacement hub.  Hang on here, and the forum staff will pick this up and advise, although they're a tad busy at the moment and sometimes takes a few days to respond. 

A cautious approach would say "don't use it if it seems to be indicating overheating".  If it were me, I'd work on the basis that as hub normally runs a little bit warm, I'd probably be OK to keep using it so long as it is not hot, but as a precaution I would make sure it was turned off overnight.  Only you can choose which option suits you.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hiya, 

thanks for the reply. yeah I did the pin-hole reset and to no avail.

ill definitely be using with caution, and turned it off last night just in case like you say.

ill wait until the forum staff pick it up, and hopefully its just the hub that is faulty. 

thanks again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi KatyHirons,

Welcome to forums and thank you for your first post, I am sorry you are having issues.

I have checked and it looks like you have an engineer booked did this resolve your issue?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos