cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub3 router.

Roboj0
On our wavelength

We have had a hub 3 for a few years now but it's now showing a red light permanently at the front and the top of the unit gets hot.

I have already:

• Turned the power switch off on the back of the Hub
• Ensured the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location out of direct sunlight
• Checked vents for dust/ blockages
• Let the unit cool down before powering back on

It's been like this for a couple of days now - can I book a technician ( or request a new router through the post even?)

The Hub is not in modem mode and is the only house router.

Thanks, Jo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Roboj0 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

We have moved your post to its own thread as we do as that you post your own thread rather than join another to ensure everyone's issues are looked into and to avoid the original poster loosing their thread. 

We are so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with a red light on you Hub and thank you for trying the suggested fixes first. I do think it would be best if we get an engineer out to take a look at this for us, so I will pop you a Private Message so we can arrange this.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Roboj0 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

We have moved your post to its own thread as we do as that you post your own thread rather than join another to ensure everyone's issues are looked into and to avoid the original poster loosing their thread. 

We are so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with a red light on you Hub and thank you for trying the suggested fixes first. I do think it would be best if we get an engineer out to take a look at this for us, so I will pop you a Private Message so we can arrange this.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello again @Roboj0 

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your red light issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

Roboj0
On our wavelength

Hi - further to the appointment you kindly arranged, the red light went off on the hub 3 before the engineer was due to come.  I didn't want to waste your time or be charged if there was not a fault so cancelled the appointment.  Unfortunately the red light has just came back on so it does look like the is a problem. Would it be possible to arrange another appointment?  Thanks Jo

Hi @Roboj0 👋.

Thanks for the update. We understand why you would cancel the appointment. When it comes to red light issues, it is not something we would advise in changing due to the nature of these red lights and what they could represent. We can arrange another appointment, for this we would need to bring you into a private message to confirm some details. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina