cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on Hub 3 and constant drops to network

samliffe
Tuning in

Hi all,

I am a new customer in the sense that our previous contract was under someone elses name, and since changing contracts in June we have gone from faultless connection to daily (3, 4, 5 times) losses to the network.

We have the Hub 3 run in modem mode with a mesh network, and every day we are losing connection to the network and some red lights keep appearing on the Hub. I have tried to organise an Engineer via Whatsapp but after waiting 5 hours for them to message back and me not responding in 15 mins as I do have a life, they keep resetting the chat so making it really hard to speak to someone.

I'm essentially trying to book an engineer, does anyone know of a way to speak to someone in the UK who can help either diagnose the issue or book an engineer? If this carries on I'll just cancel the contract as the service isn't being provided but would rather not if I can avoid

Many thanks for reading 

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It will take a couple of days for a VM Mod to respond via this Community Forum.

However in the meantime, please post the power levels and network log from the Hub for comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @samliffe thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

The red light on the Hub can mean an issue with the Hub, but in Modem Mode the light is supposed to be red so it is correct that you're seeing that.

I've ran some checks on my side and there doesn't appear to be any issues, all the specifications to your Hub are in line with everything we should be seeing.

Unfortunately with Modem Mode, we can't rule out the third party Hub causing an issue so it is possible that you can run your Hub in Router Mode for a while and see if this helps to resolve things?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom, I have managed to sort an engineer out after 3 hours with an unhelpful WhatsApp agent

The red lights occur when the hub has lost connection to the network, and is not down to the Mesh Network (see attached photo)

We have ran this Mesh Network on a previous contract, and as soon as we signed a new contract with a new hub the issues started. The issue is NOT with the mesh network as when you review the hub the lights which are usually blank are lit up red which shows it is having an issue with the network.

I appreciate you can't see any issues, but I can when I'm trying to work or I can't access the internet for half an hour a morning due to the issue(s). If the engineer can't fix we just leave and go with BT due to lack of holding up your end of the contract unfortunatelyIMG_3226.jpg

samliffe
Tuning in

I also cannot use the hub in WiFi mode as the signal wont reach beyond the room the hub is in, or directly above -hence me having to fork out on a Mesh Network 

Hi @samliffe, thank you for your response.

We're sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us 😔

Please let us know how the engineer visit goes. We really hope it gets you back up and running.

Regards,
Daniel

samliffe
Tuning in

Another 30 minutes on a Friday Night with no internet, netflix, anything. Really glad to have VM Staff gaslighting customers with "there doesn't appear to be any issues" or "we can't rule out the third party Hub causing an issue". This is after having to threaten some bloke in India on Whatsapp to filing a complaint against them before they bother to book an engineer as the issue hasn't been over 24 hours, when they can see its the third time i've contacted them about the issue and its been ongoing for over a month. Really poor. Really looking to leave the contract which will be an effort and half in itself but fed up of not getting the service being paid for, and constantly being told there is no issue

IMG_3299 copy.jpgIMG_3302 copy.jpgIMG_3303 copy.jpg

Hi samliffe, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear about the experience with the engineer booking and we have taken your feedback on board. 

Please let us know how it goes with the engineer and the booking can be viewed, amended or cancelled via the online account if needed. 

Kind regards, Chris.