Menu
WGXH
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Reconnection after disconnection in error

Disgusted to say the least with my experience.

After a debacle earlier in the year where a decision was made to not disconnect my services, ive been informed that my services were cancelled in error, and it can take up to 72 hours to reconnect, after a telephone agent submits a form.

This is pretty bad when my partner and I work from home and need connectivity as key workers, which is exactly why we didn't cancel earlier in the year. We are currently suffering loss of earnings around this and have no option but to sit and wait, and hope that somebody fown the line checks and reads a form- for something that is entirely not our fault!

I've seen so many posts reporting breaches of the UK hour timescale that I'm seriously concerned that this will significantly detriment my working relationship with my employer.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reconnection after disconnection in error

As a home worker don't you think it would be a good idea to have a backup in place to cover loss of connection events ?

I personally have unlimited data on my mobile phone contract and a cheap slow BT line as a permanent fixture.

There is nothing stopping you getting a PAYG Mobile Data USB dongle to use at times like this and then chuck into a drawer until next time it is needed.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
WGXH
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ordinarily those would be good suggestions. However, my employer has stipulated wired ethernet connections only on a desktop pc they have provided with disabled USB slots. So thats not a solution, I'm afraid.

But I do appreciate you thinking outside of the box.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Data USB Dongle + an adaptor = Ethernet Connection.

>> Adaptor <<

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @WGXH

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our wall - I was sorry to understand that your account had been closed in error. I see from your post that we started the process of getting everything back up and running for you - as you advise, this takes a minimum of 72 hours and we're unable to do this any quicker.

I have been unable to locate your account to check on any progress so I do apologise; when did we start the reconnection process; was it Monday? 

Please do feel free to keep us posted and if you're still having issues after the 72 hours has passed, please do not hesitate to get back in touch and we can take a closer look for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos