Menu
Victoria999
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Reconnecting to previous broadband internet point.

20210105_150627.jpg

 I previously had my Internet connection in the spare room and relocated to my bedroom. I now want to use the old point so Mason can play his online among in his room. This i what it looks like. What do I need to be able to hook up the coaxial cable?  Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reconnecting to previous broadband internet point.

Hello

Do you have a hub in the bedroom, to be able to use the coaxial connection you would need to have another hub which would incur an addition to you contract and costs involved. The coaxial connections can only be used to connect Virginmedia equipment.

What ever he is playing the game on can you not connect that device to the wireless of the hub and that will allow him to play the came with no extra costs to yourself.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Victoria999
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reconnecting to previous broadband internet point.

Hi Mike,

I don't have a hub in that room. I'm having to use a WiFi extension plug to get connection for him in his room as the WIFI from the hub doesn't reach that room. Sadly his game keeps lagging which is causing upset as he can't play the game properly hence mentioning coaxial set up. Would a faster broadband alleviate this issue. His download and upload speed apparently is very poor? Currently on M200.

0 Kudos