Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Reconnecting old line

Hi,

Me and my partner are moving in to a new house on 22nd May, we were told there used to be a Virgin Media Broadband line there and we want to know how we can go about getting it reconnected so we will have broadband when we move there.

We are not customers yet, but if this is doable then we would definitely join, but seeing as we can't get in to contact with anyone at Virgin due to the COVID-19 issue, and the "help" section on their website is useless to us, we have had to use this forum to try and get help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reconnecting old line

In the current situation, the hope of VM (who are slow and disorganised at the best of times) getting you a working connection to a new property in three weeks seems very optimistic, particularly if you're not already a VM customer.  To ensure that you do have some internet connectivity, you might want to consider using an Openreach ISP in the first place, but making sure you're only on a monthly rolling contract to start with so that you're not locked in for a year.  And then, before joining VM, see what the prospects are for Openreach FTTP at the new place, because FTTP is superior in most respects to VM's ageing coaxial cable network.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Please send me your contact number and address you are moving into.

Kind Regards 

Angelo

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please can you send me a Private message (just click on my name) with your mobile number and postcode and I will look into it for you.

Kind regards

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You need to sign up online as a new customer using the new address 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos