cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommend a friend

EddyFiss
Tuning in

I recommended a friend. He is in the process of changing to VM from Sky. Of course, he's had a number of phone calls to (a) set it up, (b) "don't leave me" and (c)  now a call from Sarah at VM saying "it didn't come via me, so neither of you will get the £50."

Since neither of us can influence the process in any way, we don't understand the internal workings at VM. We would both be grateful if someone could let Sarah know it really is us - I imagine she doesn't like being left out of the loop.

If VM can't sort it, I'll lose a friend and VM lose a new customer. According to Sky, he still has a month leeway, so can change his mind. Sky will be delighted.

I see there are other customers having difficulty with not receiving the reward. Me? It grieves me when I see something that isn't working. If VM sorts this, they will make a lot of people happy.

Cheers
Cliff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Ensure you friend understands that cancelling the Sky service in advance of the VM internet being fully live is the fastest route to having no home broadband for an open ended period.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

EddyFiss
Tuning in

I recommended a friend. He is in the process of changing to VM from Sky. Of course, he's had a number of phone calls to (a) set it up, (b) "don't leave me" and (c)  now a call from Sarah at VM saying "it didn't come via me, so neither of you will get the £50."

Since neither of us can influence the process in any way, we don't understand the internal workings at VM. We would both be grateful if someone could let Sarah know it really is us - I imagine she doesn't like being left out of the loop.

If VM can't sort it, I'll lose a friend and VM lose a new customer. According to Sky, he still has a month leeway, so can change his mind. Sky will be delighted.

I see there are other customers having difficulty with not receiving the reward. Me? It grieves me when I see something that isn't working. If VM sorts this, they will make a lot of people happy.

Cheers
Cliff

Client62
Legend

Ensure you friend understands that cancelling the Sky service in advance of the VM internet being fully live is the fastest route to having no home broadband for an open ended period.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey EddyFiss, thank you for reaching out and I m sorry to hear this.

As explained above I would suggest making sure they have a solid date for an install before cancelling with Sky.

If he does do ahead with the install the credit will get added on after bill 1 and normally 30 days after the sign up. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

My thanks to Client 62 and Matthew_ML. Yes, I have wised up my friend and we'll both watch out to see what happens next.

But, what about poor Sarah (if that's her real name?) I don't like to think of her out in the cold and crying because she was ignored by someone, or something within VM. As I said before, it wasn't us that bypassed her.

Oh yes, we don't get actual money then? Just "virtual."

Cheers

Cliff

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @EddyFiss,

The Refer a Friend scheme awards you and a friend £50 worth of credit on your account, so that £50 will come off your next month's bill once the credit is applied. 

More FAQ's can be found on the bottom of the refer a friend page. Let us know if you need any further help or assistance. We're here if you need us.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Paulina_Z.   It's nicce to know you have all "got my back."

Cheers
Cliff.

This may not be the right way to do this?

My neighbour did have Virgin installed a few weeks ago. The engineer did a worse job than I would - and I'm a ham-fisted office worker! A child of 11 would have done it better too. Bluntly, it is a rats nest of untidy surplus wires that will easily be damaged by a careless vacuum cleaner. A second engineer agreed and said he could not change another man's work.

Last night I spent 3 hours next door trying to sort out what I now think is a dead hub. I'm told it was filthy and my neighbour cleaned the dirt off the outside, but who knows what it is like inside?

We booked an engineer for 8 to 12 this morning and there is no sign of him.

My reputation as an adviser is damaged because my heighbour had already told 4 people what kind of a fool I am for recommending Virgin. Accordingly, we - both of us - want this sorted to our joint satisfaction.

We would both be grateful if his setup can fixed up properly and I think you would too, because everyone who has seen his wiring mess has been horrified.

So can anyone there help with all this, please?

Cliff

If I get my £50 reward I'll give it to him to compensate for my stupidity.

Cliff

Thanks for letting us know about this issue with your an engineer not coming when advised to your neighbours property.

Do they have a forum profile set up? If not, are they able to create one so we can discuss getting this resolved for them? If not, please let us know if they will be happy for us to discuss their account with you, if so we'll be happy to help further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules