Menu
SuperHighway
Dialled in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Recent returnee ...regretting it

Broadband been going down for the last 2 days I'm on the VIP package with 350mb BB.

Tried getting through yesterday to support and gave up after 40 mins.

Same issue again today...happens in the evening. Status number stated no issues, got through to "support" after 25 minutes to be told it's an issue impacting my area but department responsible is closed! Asked why the status line isn't updated, same response, dept is closed. I left 3 years ago because of rubbish service and went to BT where I had ZERO downtime over the 3 years. Sort it out Virginmedia else I'll be off again. Asked about comp to be told call customer service, so you want me to waste another hour on the phone!

I'm area 31 RG12

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recent returnee ...regretting it

Hi SuperHighway, 

Sorry to hear that you're regretting coming back to us recently, this ins't good. 

I can appreciate you posted on Wednesday so can I ask if you're still having this issue? 

If so and there's no faults listed on our service page then please give us another call on 150/0345 454 1111 so we can take a closer look and book a visit if needed. 

Let us know how you're getting on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

deleted

Tony
0 Kudos
SuperHighway
Dialled in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

thanks for contacting me, it’s much appreciated. Thankfully the service appears to be behaving itself so hopefully it was a one off glitch. It wasn’t so much the downtime but the frustration in not being able to get a quick answer and having to spend an accumulative hour holding in the queue. I was then told someone would call me and no one did.

kind regards

Bal

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate that Bal, thanks for letting me know it's sorted. 

Any further issues let us know and one of our guys here will be happy to take a closer look Smiley Happy 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
SuperHighway
Dialled in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

And the service is down again today! 3 years with BT with zero downtime, back 7 months with Virginmedia and service has had interruptions pretty much every month.

update page says no issues so had to call to find out there’s an issue with no fix time.

0 Kudos
SuperHighway
Dialled in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Service down now for 7 hours and no status updates via sms. Status page still states no issues.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

As well as the “check service,” weblink at the top of this forum board, there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info. If nothing shows there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible get a fault reference number.
This should also start your "compensation "timer".
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
SuperHighway
Dialled in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

In this day and age I shouldn’t have to use the phone fullstop. Considering this is a media company you would think they would have the ability to provide up to date status online.

The phone should be a last resort if the customer needs an alternative to online.

being told that it is a complex issue which the engineers are working is not acceptable.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Its the reality - and the best you will ever get at VM.
Like it or leave it.
Phone "is" media - which works (mine does) when internet is down.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos