Menu
SaxonFam
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Received my broadband box but no one to install my virgin box outside our house!

Hello, We received our virgin broadband box (we have broadband only deal) our house is a new build and has a open reach WiFi box fitted on the outside of our house, no one has come or been ordered to come to swap it over to virgin... also we have no Ethernet wall plug in our house?! We’re STRUGGLING to get hold of anyone from virgin! Please help... We have no WiFi..

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received my broadband box but no one to install my virgin box outside our house!

@SaxonFam wrote:

Hello, We received our virgin broadband box (we have broadband only deal) our house is a new build and has a open reach WiFi box fitted on the outside of our house, no one has come or been ordered to come to swap it over to virgin... also we have no Ethernet wall plug in our house?! We’re STRUGGLING to get hold of anyone from virgin! Please help... We have no WiFi..

if you have received a hub in the post or by carrier that suggests you ordered the quick/self install - a manned install does not work like that the tech brings the box

you need to talk to to the home build team or your builder if he is on site

whichever way if there is no boxes or cable you need a tech to install it - VM cannot use the open reach box so it might get complicated and take time

Tony
0 Kudos
SaxonFam
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received my broadband box but no one to install my virgin box outside our house!

We didn’t purposely order the do it yourself kit, we spoke to someone from Virgin on the phone and they said that’s what we’d need. We did inform her about the open reach box but she sent the do it yourself one out anyway...

We CANNOT get hold of virgin. We have tried various options on the website/app to book an engineer... no luck.

If we have no contact from virgin what are we suppose to do?

We will more than likely cancel Virgin and send this box back. The customer service is awful.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
SaxonFam
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I WANT TO CANCEL!

I have been on the phone trying to sort out our broadband for the last 3 days... an engineer finally came out and told us there was NO WAY of getting virgin to our house anytime soon!

So, I’ve rang up to cancel and waited in the call queue, been passed to 3 different operators AND THEN cut off!!!

This is RIDICULOUS!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I WANT TO CANCEL!

Cancel in writing, and use recorded post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos