cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received contract information, but router not arrived and no welcome email?

Lsceo
Joining in

Hiya, I'm a new customer and I recently ordered my router and so far I've only received the contract details but I haven't got a welcome email or anything. I should also state that today is meant to be the installation date but no one has turned up yet.. anyone know how to help?

9 REPLIES 9

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Did you order a technician installation? AFAIK, the technician would bring your equipment. Or did you order a 'Quick Start' kit?

Did you already have a VM cable to your home from the VM cabinet in the street (which should allow you to use a 'Quick Start' kit)?

If you required a VM cable to be installed, was that part completed before today?

For any queries about your setup you need to contact the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

VM forum staff do reply here but it typically takes several days for them to reply to a new topic.

So basically, we have a VM subscription but I wanted to upgrade the Wifi and put it on my own name so I ordered a new one, so the cable is already installed (I mean if i can use the old one then great) But i think it was the one with the installation since on the contract it does state that there is no "Setup fee" so I'm guessing it is with the technician installation.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

So you had an existing VM connection ...

Have you closed down that original account and set up a new account in your own name on a different package?

Or are you saying you are going to install a second VM connection at the address in addition to the original one?

So the other existing connection, the contract for that has ended, so it will be shut down but I first wanted to get the new one set up before shutting the other one down.. And currently, I'm unable to make a new account because i have not received a welcome email or any sort of details like area reference etc. So im not sure what is going on rn..

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you given VM 30 days notice to close down the old/original account?

Not yet no, should I have done that first? 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

As far as I know you won't be able to activate a new account at the same address as the old one, and in a different name, while the old one is still running. I would have expected you would not be able to place an order with the existing account running or the existing account would generate a 'gone away' process which is usually used when someone moves into a new home and the previous resident hasn't cancelled their VM service. If your equipment hasn't turned up you may possibly get a 'gone away' notification via email.

I would imagine you will need to give 30 days notice on the old account and try to coordinate the new account to start immediately after the old one has been disconnected.

You should speak to the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and go through it with them and find out how to proceed.

No problem i will do that, thank you very much for your help! I appreciate it!

Hi Lsceo, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've had some issues setting up a new account in your name. 

As mentioned by another user, before your account can be set up, there would need to be a notice period on the old account. I can see we've tried contacting the current account holder but haven't been able too. 

Once a contract ends, you revert to a rolling monthly contract so you'll need to get the account holder to get in touch to provide their 30 days notice. Once this is done, the team can then set up your account as a new customer and we'll arrange an installation date for the day after the previous accounts ends. 

If you need further assistance, let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs