Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Received Quick starter pack but no socket; need an engineer

Hi, I am a new customer. I was told by the Virgin web site that my address had a socket already. I was advised by the Virgin online chat representative that I need to arrange for an engineer to visit to instal the socket. I can't seem to do this on your web site. Can you help?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received Quick starter pack but no socket; need an engineer

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, if you send me your area ref and account number in a private message I will take a look for you.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@ChristopherVM 

If you can help it is probably best that you send a PM to @ManinderMaker yourself as that is what the regular forum team do if they need private information.  Many of the new forum users are unfamiliar with PMs and some end up posting personal and account info on the forum, which this user has done and the post has been removed by one of my fellow VIPs to protect their privacy. This is less likely to happen if you initiate the PM conversation.

I appreciate you are new round here and I hope you don't mind my feedback.  I also appreciate the efforts of yourself and your colleagues at this difficult time and hopefully we can help more folks stay online and stay at home 🙂

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good advice but though I have already sent a PM earlier on this evening on this forum, I couldn’t find the PM button on this occasion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@ManinderMaker wrote:

Good advice but though I have already sent a PM earlier on this evening on this forum, I couldn’t find the PM button on this occasion.

To contact ChristopherVM you can go to his profile here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/729129

Then click the "Send me a message" button to send a PM.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Doing my best for the customers, thanks for the feedback and for your contributions to this forum 👍 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChristopherVM

I'm in the same boat as the original poster. Are you able to help me out at all?

I have ordered a quick start pack (due to arrive on Saturday) but having moved in to my new flat today I have found that there isn't a virgin connector on the wall.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, have you managed to book a tech visit?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I'm Brand new to this forum but have the same issue as the original post.

Received the Box with router etc for quick install however after searching everywhere in the property I am moving to next week, no virgin socket is to be found. Spoke to someone via chat who confirmed the property is wired for Virgin but then transferred my chat to the right team for emergency install, however was on hold for more than 9 hours before finally giving up.

Any help from here would be appreciated.

Happy to be part of the Virgin family 🙂

0 Kudos