Menu
MitchLeB
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Recabling needed prior to new drive installation

I am having a new drive put in on Monday. I know that the cable (laid by NTL in 2002) is not buried very deep and is not in a duct. Prior to the installation I called Virgin to ask whether they could lay a cable over my front garden as I am worried that the digger will break the cable. Then the contractors can just bury the cable. A guy came out yesterday, said he didn't have the equipment but would come out today to lay a new bit of cable. He didn't. I am fairly sure the cable has a good chance of being damaged on Monday. But I can't get through to Virgin Media and no one can help. Why would I have to wait for the cable to be damaged if we can proactively sort out this problem? It would make life easier for me and not require Virgin to come out to fix a fault.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recabling needed prior to new drive installation

Virgin can do a cable relocation for you for £99. Maybe the engineer that came didn't know he was supposed to move the cable? If the cable needs to be longer it may take significantly longer to order a cable pull team. 

0 Kudos
MitchLeB
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No extra length needed. No need to pull - just rest the cable on the driveway and my contractor will bury it. All I want to do is make sure the cable isn't damaged while the drive is being dug. Ntl did an appalling installation. If the cable is damaged Virgin will fix it. Avoiding damage makes life easier for me and Virgin. Can't understand why it's such a big deal. I also don't appreciate somone promising to come back and help and then not bothering or even contacting me to say to say they won't come.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MitchLeB,

Many apologies for our delayed response from here; we're doing everything we can to respond to all our customers as soon as we can.

I've been able to locate your account and I believe that the engineer eventually come back to complete the cable rebury, is this correct? I'm sorry if the engineer did not get in touch with you sooner and caused some confusion around what was happening.

Please let us know if you need help with anything else from here and we'll be more than happy to assist further.

Beth

0 Kudos
MitchLeB
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, thanks for getting back to me. 

The technician did come back but it was an hour too late. My contractor buried the cable as I had been told by other Virgin staff members that the technician wasn't coming. The cable is in pretty poor condition. Most of the duct is missing. Let's hope it doesn't go wrong any time soon.

Shame- we could have made a bad installation good.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry again for the confusion and stress caused, MitchLeB.

If you do experience any problems at all please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Have a great weekend and take care.

Beth

0 Kudos