Menu
Huffers
Joining in
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Really annoyed with my install

I am having Virgin installed on my new home, the day after I move in (next week). Does that mean Virign will be attending whilst the current occupiers are still living there? As far as I'm aware, there are no services to the house at present.

I understand no internal access is required. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huffers,

Thank you for reaching out to us, Our technical team will do a pre-install visit before the install days to make sure everthing is ready and there aren't any issues on the day, this will include making sure all the external cables are in place.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Huffers
Joining in
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the prompt reply. Is this likely to cause disruption for the current owners?

I have uploaded a photo below of the property. Surely Virgin won't be digging up their drive?

EDIT: Image doesn't appear to be loading - link here: https://ibb.co/5TVBbsy

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

they won't dig up tarmac or paving, but they will dig a trench in grass or dirt to lay the cable.
a physical cable needs to be run from the pavement to the front all of the house.

0 Kudos
Huffers
Joining in
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Ok - thanks. I suspect the little box will be installed at the front of the house. 

My office room will be at the back of the property on the first floor, so will they run a cable from the box at the front, around the side of the property and up? 

Shown as Bedroom 4 here:

https://media.rightmove.co.uk/dir/114k/113194/62296173/113194_28782276_FLP_01_0000_max_600x600.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huffers,

The pre-install check will not cause any issues for the current owners as everything needed is done outside and is more of a check than anything else.

If there was anything like that needed we would advise this and not just go ahead and do it.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huffers,

When the technician comes to do the installation I advise being there so you can discuss where you would like the services to be installed and also discuss the wiring, 

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Huffers
Joining in
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul, I will be there. I was just concerned if an engineer would potentially say that 'too much cabling would be required to go from front to back' 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

they might say that, but unless there is a physical reason making it not possible then they can do it.
just remember the more cable length in involvled the more (albeit minimal) chance of some speed loss (unlikely though for the length of cable in question).
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I am sure it will be fine, the technician will let you know so don't worry.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos