Menu
Antony2019
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Really annoyed with my install

I have a disabled mother.

I oranzised her virgin install via the website. Where i choose a installment date for Friday of this week.

Since then she as had 2 Rude people come to the door trying to install the cable.

On monday it was explained that the cable route is blocked till Friday (which is why we picked that date) They Agreed that why would just install the cable Friday.

Then next day another 2 people come, looking around the property saying they was coming to install the cable again. Then they was told the cable was being layed friday with the install.

My Question is, If we needed 2 install dates. Why wasn't we told and given appointments ?

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Really annoyed with my install

usually the cable pull to the property is done before that actual home install, as it's two differnent people/teams.

the first part involves digging a trench from the pavement to the front of the property.
that needs done first before the home install gets done (which will involve drilling a hole in the wall to get the cable inside).

your appointment was for the second part.
0 Kudos
Antony2019
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

where is the appointment date set for first Install cable part ? is it just random when virgin feel like turning up ?

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

you don't get an appointment for that i believe, as you don't need to be there for them to carry out the work.
it is all done externally.

it does need to be done before your install appointment though.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Antony2019 wrote:

where is the appointment date set for first Install cable part ? is it just random when virgin feel like turning up ?

yes its pretty much as and when before the internal install - they usually give a date a week or so before the main install but its flexible and carries forward until its done

Tony
0 Kudos
Antony2019
Joining in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

They have to Dig up your driveway and install cables on the wall of your property, They should give a appointment lol

instead of virgin engineers giving attitude cause i wont let them squeeze in a one foot gap next to my car that's unsafe on axle stands till Friday.

But because of virgin lack of information, I've had to have a day off work to move the car in-case they call again now.

seems like a good start to my new provider 😞

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Well if you don't want the service, just cancel as it's not easy to get people to turn up & do this work as a lot of posts on here will testify to, turning away people will result in a delay & maybe a refusal to install altogether.
0 Kudos
Antony2019
Joining in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

What you talking about lol, Anyone who owns virgin, your paying for the service, Virgin isn't a charity. They could issue a appointment day or at least say between 11th or 13th.

People are busy. Work away from home or run there own business & some are disabled/bed-bound and need help with things like this.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

i think the point being made is that the dig team don't need you to be in to do that work, they just turn up and do the required cable pull. no access to the inside of your property is required.
Antony2019
Joining in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

There is only access to postal, Someone would need To be there to be here to open the property and move vehicles to run a cable from street to the Wall. Thats the issue, Issue is having no time frame on contractors and having someone who cant walk and disabled to do that.

I'm now stopping with her till they come because they cant give me a time frame. Not sure you see my point of view here. about atleast giving people a idea when there attending or even a phone call a hour before.

If u had to stay with a eldering member of your family to attend a random appointment on any given day or time. u would be a little annoyed with the service also.
0 Kudos