cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: removal of old unused virgin cables

Tezzabombezza
Tuning in

Hi John 

We have similar situation to the OP - there's cables that run all the way round our house that aren't in use, that we would like removed. The difference is we ARE active customers and these cables are from previous owners preference of having a VM point in the kitchen. 

Our little brown cable box is also completely broken. Is this something we need to sort ourselves? 

Thank you 

Terri

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have created a separate thread with your post, as the old one was marked as resolved & staff are likely to ignore it.

As your drop box is damaged you may get away with a free callout, as alterations to wiring that are not fault related usually incur a charge.

A member of staff should be along in a couple of days & can start the private messaging process with you to get a technician booked.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is that redundant cable still connected inside the broken box? If it's not then you can remove it yourself and minimise any damage caused in the process. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tezzabombezza 👋 Thank you for your post 😀

As @nodrogd has stated, we will need to get a technician booked for you. We'll certainly need to replace the broken omnibox and can also look into removing the cables as well, if need be.

We'll send you a private message on here. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right-hand corner.

Regards,

Daniel