cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-pull question

Autechre
Joining in

Hi,

I have three V6 boxes and broadband which, according to the engineer, are unable to work effectively on the old cable coming from the cabinet. Therefore, I have a re-pull scheduled for next month.

That one cable feeds into a room, where I then have to use two outlet signal booster adapters and several splitters to get the Tivo working in the other rooms. 

What are my options here? Would I be able to request a separate cable for Tivo boxes? 

Thanks,

Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are suggesting two drop lines from the cabinet, then no, this will not help, as the distance from the cabinet is the issue. It may be that your existing drop is RG6 & they are pulling thicker RG11, which will reduce the loss somewhat. The fact that you have more than one HDU installed means your drop is working at the very limit the cabinet can handle.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are suggesting two drop lines from the cabinet, then no, this will not help, as the distance from the cabinet is the issue. It may be that your existing drop is RG6 & they are pulling thicker RG11, which will reduce the loss somewhat. The fact that you have more than one HDU installed means your drop is working at the very limit the cabinet can handle.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply.

So, after the re-pull, I would no longer need those signal boosting adapters, but I will still require the splitters. That makes sense, cheers.

Hi Autechre, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us. 

We're sorry to hear that you're needing a repull of your main cable. Hopefully this will resolve the signal issues however the engineer will check these levels once the new cable is installed. Sometimes a little boost is still needed and other times it may cause the signals to be too high so you may still need attenuators. 

You can discuss things with the engineer though once they are there. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs