cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-installation after house renovation

HD2022
Tuning in

Background: we moved out of our house for renovation work a year ago and will be moving back in August. We took our Virgin Media account with us to our temporary address and have arranged for it to be moved back again when we move.

The question I have is since the building work, the Virgin Media brown box that was on the outside of the house is no longer there, and the cable is loose in the front garden. How do we arrange for it to be reinstalled? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
When you book/swap the service to that address - you select the "Tech Install" option so that it can all be re-instated

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 1 WiFi, 1 on PA) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On 250Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks, that's helpful. Unfortunately I wasn't given that option when arranging the move, but I will keep trying their Live Chat to request this.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
try the Pre-installation and delivery team on.. 0800 052 1734. - they may have more info?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 1 WiFi, 1 on PA) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On 250Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Good Morning @HD2022, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you.

Can you please provide us with an update on this situation?

Have you been able to call pre-installs as per the advice given from @jbrennand?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi, thanks - yes, managed to speak to them today.

It took a while to sort out but in the end they managed to cancel and rebook our reconnection, this time with an engineer. 

Thanks for the help! 

Morning HD2022

Thanks for coming back to the thread. Great to hear all sorted 🙂

Let us know how the visit goes or if you need any further assistance

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill