cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-installation after building work

EdBed
Tuning in

I moved out of the house whist some building work has taken place and am now moving back in.  The outside box is no longer fixed to the wall but is lying next to the house, and the cable that runs from the box into the house is disconnected and lying next to it.

Does a technician from VM need to come out and re-install the box and cabling? If so, is there a charge for doing so and what is the normal lead time?

If not, is it a difficult job to do myself, or is it simply screwing the box back onto the wall and feeding the cable to wherever it needs to run to? (with probably some new cable purchased from somewhere)

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@EdBed wrote:

I moved out of the house whist some building work has taken place and am now moving back in.  The outside box is no longer fixed to the wall but is lying next to the house, and the cable that runs from the box into the house is disconnected and lying next to it.

Does a technician from VM need to come out and re-install the box and cabling? If so, is there a charge for doing so and what is the normal lead time?

If not, is it a difficult job to do myself, or is it simply screwing the box back onto the wall and feeding the cable to wherever it needs to run to? (with probably some new cable purchased from somewhere)

£25 for a non-fault rewiring callout. Wait for the VM forum staff to reply here within a few days to arrange for you.

EdBed
Tuning in
Spoiler

Giving this message a bump in the hope that it draws the required attention.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Bumping a message only puts it to the back of the queue. You will get a response in 2 to 3 days from the date of the last message on the thread. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi @EdBed,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that your omni box and cabling has been damaged following some work on the home. As has been mentioned by @goslow, there would be a £25 call out fee to get a technician out to sort this out for you.

If you're happy to accept that fee, please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @EdBed,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could take a closer look over things. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked for you.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly for security reasons, but you can check and manage this via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!