cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re digging the cable in the garden

DocNick
Joining in

Can anyone help?

Virgin laid the cable too superficially and with no slack. As a result I cannot bury it into the flower bed against the front garden wall (they just rested it on top of the soil and over the retaining wall onto the gravel path) nor under the gravel path. As it crosses the lawn it must be less than 1 inch under the ground as the landscapers have just scalped it but thankfully not damaged it. It’s pretty shoddy. 
Does anyone know if VM will replace poor workmanship? Thought I might ask here before entering the endless loop of unanswered phone calls. 
thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DocNick 

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll send you a PM now to get the rebury of the cables sorted.

best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @DocNick 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue regarding your cabling and thank for you letting us know. 

Would you be able to post a picture of the cable for us?

DE6A2DFF-1D4F-4F09-BAFD-22C1A8F9A49A.jpeg

 hi

first picture is the cable lying on the front garden wall bed with no slack to bury it. The second shows that it runs just below the ground has had been exposed taking some turf off to put in a retaining line of bricks before we gravel the path. 
thanks

nick

25C9D1BB-FDBA-45CC-A033-9CC66F778741.jpeg

drodgers
Dialled in

I'd advise getting the landscaper to put in some ducting which could be used now if VM do a cable repull and certainly for the future when Fibre replaces the coax as it will save disturbing your block paving.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DocNick 

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll send you a PM now to get the rebury of the cables sorted.

best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill