Menu
Aidan97
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re-arranged installation and pre inspection

Hi all

I have been looking to install VM into my room as my parents currenly use BT and it is terrible (im a gamer and have no end of problems).

So last year September my parents called to get VM installed - this was booked in to be installed in October. On the day we got nothing, we then was told it would be November and again nothing so my parents cancelled as its a joke.

Being an idiot i ignored the signs of a terrible customer facing company and decided to book in with VM.

I called and was told that on the 23rd April it would be installed by an engineer. An engineer came out to survey the road as the wires don't reach the house.

Now a few days before the installation i get told it has now been moved to 7th June. With a pre inspection again on the 27th may for no reason at all as you have already looked at the cable. I have called and i didnt even a why has this happened just a 'the notes say the date has been moved' well why? 

My biggest issue here is that due to ordering this installation and being told it would be installed on the 23rd April. My first bill is on the 7th June which is charged for a full month of may etc but all i see is constant re-arranged dates in the forums.

Am i worth just saving myself the time and going elsewhere as other providers seem to care? Or would it be best to keep hope that maybe VM can actually do their job. Issue is if I keep on waiting i will be charged by the first bill for something that hasnt been installed or I havent even got quite frankly.

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Re-arranged installation and pre inspection

You wont be charged till you a are online.
0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Aidan97 

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome, it's great to have you on board! 

I am so sorry to see this has happened with your install! I understand how frustrating this must be. I can see from your account that you were able to speak to a telephone agent yesterday who explained the details to you and has put in a request for a dongle. 

Can I ask if this has explained everything to you or do you require any more help? 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Aidan97
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ashleigh_c 

No worries i did receive 2 calls yesterday from the agents. Both explained the situation but said i will have a call back today regarding the dongle as they had some system errors their end.

Not heard anything as of yet though so will wait and see.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No problem @Aidan97 and thank you for letting me know. 

If you haven't heard back by this evening, please get in touch and we will look into this for you. 

Thank you again. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Aidan97
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi team

Not had a call back regarding the dongle, could you let me know please

Thank you

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Aidan97.

Thank you for coming back to us,  I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting the dongle. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos