cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wi-Fi pods never arrive

minatakry
Joining in

Hi All,

Ordered a wifi pod as I can get them with my gig1 and my wifi was a little crappy in some parts of the house. In preperation for it coming I renamed my wifi back to the default SSID on the router along with the password, as I had previously just changed the details to avoid having to go round all my appliances to update the wifi..

Pod arrived but refused to connect to the wifi, even when it was right beside the hub.

I contacted support and asked them, is it possible its because I changed the SSID name etc after I ordered, they said no, it won't make a difference.

Tonight I decided to connect the POD via ethernet into an ethernet switch, when checking what wifi networks are out there, my old one has appeared.

Anyone have any ideas of what to do, or how to get this reset?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Pods seems to work best when the Hub is left as "out of the box" with a single SSID and no changes to anything.

Have you tried a full 60 seconds pinhole reset on the Hub?  Or, using the WPS button when the Pod is beside the Hub?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks