Menu
CalYeadon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin won't install - help

 Having so many problems with getting internet to my new property! Every house down the street and the surrounding area can get Virgin, including the house that mine is attached to however mine cannot get it - they can even get GIG1! See the picture below (my house is the Red Cross). Surely this is where we need to use some human logic and can override the computer? I’m not getting any offers from other companies and would love to stick with Virgin  

any advise would be appreciated. 

Virgin Coverage - Mottisfont Road.png

Jonny-M
Superfast
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It looks like your house didn't exist when the cable network was built - from street view it seems significantly newer than the one next door.

Installing will need street works, VM would have to decide if it was worth the expense.

0 Kudos
CalYeadon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonny,

Certainly sounds plausible. The thing is that I have direct access to where my neighbour is also able to get their Virgin through. The “hole in the ground” that Virgin have roped off their connection is along directly in the middle of mine and my neighbours property on the path in front. 

0 Kudos
Jonny-M
Superfast
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If you could take a photo of the Virgin Media access cover thing in the pavement and show that it sits central between your property and your neighbours then I think that would help a lot. The staff here would probably still want to arrange a spotter but it would prove that the network is built out to your location already.

0 Kudos
CalYeadon
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Perfect. I will head out over the next few days and get it done. 

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Legend
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If Virgin won't run a new cable, an alternative might be to run a cable along the front of the house to the connection box on the wall of the neighbour's house.  This is technically possible but obviously requires your neighbour's permission. 

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello @CalYeadon,

Thanks for posting, please give us a call on 0800 183 1234 to speak to someone, they will be able to arrange a spotter to check if we can install cable in your area/property.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CalYeadon
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So seems like running a cable from neighbours house isn’t technically possible. Apparently that would stop them from ever getting Virgin at their property as their ID would be used by me. 
Losing a bit of hope that we are going to find a solution here. 

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @CalYeadon,

I'm very sorry to hear that you feel this way. Have you had a chance to call and speak with the team as my colleague has advised in our previous response? If so, please let us know what they've advised.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CalYeadon
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach,

I have indeed. They are baffled as to why the system won’t let me have it when my house is so close to the connection point. unfortunately no solution was presented though. All they advised is a spotter will visit the house sometime in the future. Could be tomorrow. Could be 3 years from now. 

0 Kudos