Menu
Vanessa_esc
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam text ?

Hi, I am going a new customer and I have arranged the installation of my broadband for a certain date and time when I contracted the service. The date of the installation is coming, it will be in 3 days and I keep receiving text messages from a mobile number saying it is virgin media and asking me to confirm if I want to KEEP or MODIFY the date and time of the installation. Is this spam or should I reply ? I just don’t understand why I have to re confirm an appointment that is already agreed. Please advise asap thanks 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vanessa_esc,

VM will be checking in case you need to change the time/date.  They will also be following protocol and sending more texts in case you have to isolate due to CV.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi this is normal practice with an engineer appointment. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can usually identify a scam because they want some personal information, like DOB or bank details, or call a premium rate number. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos