cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cost of moving cable entry point?

Soctty123
On our wavelength

My issue is that I've moved my hub from my kitchen into my living room and only need to shorten my cable. Would this still be £99?

19 REPLIES 19

Hi Wodewick,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to your Online Account, once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. 
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Lets us know how the appointment goes.
Regards
Paul.

Hi there,

I would also like to discuss with someone the option to move our cable aerial point from one side of our living room to the other if possible (or keep the existing point and just add another on the other side of the room maybe?). We’re reconfiguring our lounge so would be a great help!

Am I correct in thinking that this £25 just relates to the call out charge and not for the work done, or is this the price all in?

Kind regards,

Richard

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The £25 covers all time and material.

If you wait here a few days Virgin Media staff will arrange this for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi RichMcK, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

As per the advice of the fantastic Ernie_C, the call out charge covers all of the visit.  I would like to help you make this arrangement.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi RichMcK, thanks for getting back to me privately.  

This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

Really happy with the help I’ve received from you and from community contributors, thank you! Really appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Richard

Thanks for your kind words Richard 🙂

We'll pass this on to Lee.

Alex_Rm

NeilB23
Tuning in

Screenshot_20230623_102853_Edge.jpg

 I posted the above earlier but it has since disappeared from the thread. Can someone please get in touch to arrange an engineers visit to hopefully sort out my cables.

Thanks

NeilB

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @NeilB23 

Your original post was moved to a thread of it's own <<< here >>> 

This thread was originally opened 10 months ago, and was marked as solved by the original poster, so would probably have been missed by the forum team

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks newapollo. I didn't get a notification to say it had been moved so thank you again for the link to the new thread.