Menu
LOUMELL_2021
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Builder has cut/pulled cable - no broadband, TV or phone

Hi there

I can see this thread is over a year old but we've just had a contractor in doing the driveway - they were warned beforehand of where the Virgin box and cable was coming into the house - at the front in obvious sight but they still cut through it..

We've need on the phone to Virgin and the only date they've suggested is to come out on the 19th July to replace.

Is there ANYWAY that the date can be brought forward.. other half is going crazy as the internet is down (currently studying to become a driving instructor after loosing his job to COVID in the airline industry) and of course the Euro's is on. We don't get great signal on 'live' TV either

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Builder has cut/pulled cable

@LOUMELL_2021 

Firstly just by means of forum advice - you'd added to an olf thread in the chatter section, that's not monitored by staff. I've split it off into a new post (save repies getting confused with the previous users) and moved it to a board that is staff-monitored.

Hard to know for sure without knowing the extent and nature of the cable damage, but I'd have thought VM could have a standard tech visit in 1-2 days which might be able to do a temporary repair and get you back on service in the meantime. July 19th could be a date for a complete repull of your drop-cable from the cabinet to home.

Was that suggested?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LOUMELL_2021
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Builder has cut/pulled cable

Thanks japitts.. very kind of you!
i’m not sure so will check

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Builder has cut/pulled cable - no broadband, TV or phone

Hi @LOUMELL_2021

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your cable that has been cut and your loss of service. I am so sorry to hear that you are currently without broadband, TV or phone.

I would like to take a look at your account and see if there are any sooner dates for the engineer visit available.

I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details I need to check this, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos