cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIP hub!

winegums
On our wavelength

My virgin hub has died. It started making a very loud buzzing noise about half an hour ago and I felt it wasn’t too hot (it wasn’t), checked all the cables were secure (they were) and blew a bit of dust off it. Two minutes late it stopped buzzing but all the lights have gone off and all home WiFi has ceased. In short I think it’s died. I only got it last year and it was one of the newer ones like a tall oblong standing on its end. Will VM send me a new one out? Do I have to go through the 45 minutes on hold on the phone procedure or can I email?  Also my TiVo box has gone very very slow so I think I probably need to upgrade to the v6 too. Sod’s Law right on top of Xmas with a house full of teens!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

winegums
On our wavelength

Thanks. Phone it is then!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Phone unfortunately is the quickest and correct way, it will take two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

winegums
On our wavelength

Thanks. Phone it is then!

Hi winegums, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there was an issue with the Hub. I can see since posting, you spoke to the team and they arranged an engineer visit. 

I can see the hub is back up and running now, and you're online. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs