Menu
bgh_187
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Quidco Cashback claim declined

Hi,

It seems i have fallen foul of the Quidco cashback issues seen by others who have posted on here in the past.

I signed up to Virgin broadband 200mb service through Quidco with a cashback amount of £125 on Jan 16th this year. The whole purchase, installation and activation went through as planned with no deviations. On the 07th Feb my cashback claim was denied by Virgin, the reason stated that i may have cancelled or returned my order. This was not the case, so i opened a counter claim against the decision through Quidco and explained that i was still an active in contract customer, so there should be no reason to deny the claim. Annoyingly on the 20th Mar the claim was rejected for a second time by Virgin, stating the same response that i must've cancelled or returned my order.

I have tried on numerous occasions to raise the issue with Virgin, but during the Covid times this has been near impossible to complete. On the 9th July i called the support number (0345 and spoke to a rep, she was helpful to an extent and opened a complain for me regarding this. She told me to call in a couple of weeks so that the team could do an investigation. Yesterday i called back and was told that nothing had been done and that i should call another number (0800 952 2298) The team on this number told me that the issue was nothing to do with them and they were unable to see any notes or info regarding the claim. They gave me a third number to call (08000 520 397) and the man told me that on the system he couldn't see any info regarding my purchase through Quidco and could only give me a £50 good will credit to my account. 

I'm not willing to let this go as i feel Virgin should actually try and investigate this issue and not just fob me off constantly.

I can provide all additional info surrounding the purchase.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quidco Cashback claim declined

Why are you not holding quidco accountable? The cashback is through them not virgin

0 Kudos
bgh_187
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have tried, but the issue seems to lay at the door of Virgin, who claim not to have any info on my purchase even though i have and Quidco have given them all the information regarding the purchase and subsequent claim. For Virgin to tell Quidco that i cancelled my subscription is pretty ridiculous seeing as i am an active customer. 

At a minimum i want Virgin to actually pursue my grievance and investigate what went wrong in this case. So far i have no credible info on what the issue has been to deny the claim in the first place.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It maybe something as simple as a cookie that was blocked by your browser that Virgin require to track your purchase. If this is the case you can say goodbye to your cash back as even though QuidCo can see your "click-through", Virgin have no way of confirming your purchase. 

Note also that QuidCo also state that cashback is never guaranteed, and should not be assumed when you take out an offer on their site. It's in the terms and conditions. Other similar sites like Top Cashback have the same rules. This is why you should always go with guaranteed offers that can be stated on your contract and not cashbacks. 

0 Kudos
bgh_187
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Z92.

I fully understand what you're saying regarding the cashback not being a guaranteed offer and i do use Quidco as an added bonus to a deal or purchase rather than it being a fundamental part to which not being there would mean i wouldn't complete the deal. But my grievance still stands that Virgin have not bothered to do any internal investigation when i have complained.

As far as the money is concerned i think i have now a very very small chance of seeing it, but it has become a matter of principle to have Virgin actually make an effort to supply me with some reasoning behind the decision.

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@jb66 wrote:

Why are you not holding quidco accountable? The cashback is through them not virgin

Because usually when this happen the "Merchant", in this case Virgin Media, has denied the claim.  As said it can sometimes be that a tracking cookie didn't work, not a quidco user, but some of the other sites let you know if the "order" tracked.  Sometimes merchants change order numbers and this can cause the fault.

If QuidCo originally said it tracked, then I would open a dispute with them. Does https://www.quidco.com/new-enquiry/ have what is needed?

I know some of the other sites can push the issue if you give them proof of payment and a copy of the bill(s).

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't use Quidco but Top Cashback.

With Top Cashback you get an immediate confirmation that the website has tacked your route through to the supplier web pages. A subsequent pending indication on your account is then shown usually within an hour. Do Quidco have something similar?

I've only had one problem where I got the tracking confirmation (through a holiday booking site) but no pending indication.
This allowed me to immediately query this with Top Cashback and get confirmation that it would be paid.

Do you have this confirmation from Quidco? If not then they may not have tracked your visit to VM and VM believe that this was a failed order process.

@bgh_187 wrote:

Thanks for your reply Z92.

I fully understand what you're saying regarding the cashback not being a guaranteed offer and i do use Quidco as an added bonus to a deal or purchase rather than it being a fundamental part to which not being there would mean i wouldn't complete the deal. But my grievance still stands that Virgin have not bothered to do any internal investigation when i have complained.

As far as the money is concerned i think i have now a very very small chance of seeing it, but it has become a matter of principle to have Virgin actually make an effort to supply me with some reasoning behind the decision.

0 Kudos
bgh_187
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eeeps,

Yes, indeed it did track straight away that i had visited the site (Used their link) and then a few hours later it tracked the purchase of the Broadband, so at this initial stage all went according to plan. 

Somewhere between it tracking my purchase, the installation being completed and activated Virgin have told Quidco that i in fact had not completed the purchase. 

VM Quidco.JPG

0 Kudos