Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Quickstart working in one connection, not the other?

Hi

Received my quick start pack from Virgin recently as a new customer.

I've got two connections in my house - one in the front room that's labelled virgin media, and one in the second room that's labelled NTL (an old box). The one in the second room goes out my wall into the alleyway and then connects to the brown box in front of my house.

However, when I plugged in the router into the second room, it does not work? The first room connection works fine, but in the second room the green light keeps on flashing and the internet just doesn't work! I needed the router in the second room as this is closer to the garden and gives me coverage outside and also in all my rooms upstairs - in the front room I do not get this.

Can an engineer be sent out to solve this problem, or is their any other solution? The wiring seems to be all fine with no damage inside or outside

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Quickstart working in one connection, not the other?

Hi,

Can you please send me a private message with your account number and VM area number and I'll happily look into this for you.

Regards,

Christian

If I've helped in any way please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quickstart working in one connection, not the other?

Thanks for your prompt reply - I've done so 🙂 I'll keep the thread open so that the solution can be mentioned so that it can help anyone else with the same problem thanks I look forward to hearing from you soon

0 Kudos