cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickstart upgrade failure

Teebee
On our wavelength

Just renewed my contract and was told my 600MB service no longer existed so did a deal for gig but was told my Hub3 needed replacing with a Hub5. Kit arrives a couple of days back, MAC address is registered to the system then yesterday I install, or not....

2 phone calls totalling 1hr30, multiple reboots, multiple hits it still doesn't work, they assure me from their end it all looks fine and "don't worry it will work in a few mins, hours, overnight". 

I did point out that the upstream was reporting failed and there was some other message about 'not allowed' or some such. I have reverted to the Hub3 because it still works, could an actual tech not a script bunny please check my account and if needed order a visit.

On a side not my install was probably 20yrs ago and i'm still using the original splitter do they have limits with regard to speed etc?

Baz

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If the Hub3 is still working then the Hub5 has definitely not been activated. More lies from Customer Disservices.

Ring the Activations number 0800 953 9500. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Teebee

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with the hub 5.

Have you called the activation line to activate the new equipment as suggested by jpeg1?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Teebee
On our wavelength

Hi Vikki,

As per original post I have called them twice totalling 1.5 hrs, they tell me it is online and working and will take time to update which of course it doesn't. As jpeg1 says the hub3 still works therefore the hub5 isn't enabled.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I think you will have to connect the Hub5 again so that they can activate it. You'll need to call them again. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Teebee
On our wavelength

Went back to Hub5 again and got this

Teebee_0-1699456977346.pngTeebee_1-1699456995392.pngTeebee_2-1699457017701.pngTeebee_3-1699457032555.png

Teebee
On our wavelength

So a final update, I get hold of Ben who is clearly not in the offshore call centre. 1 min of explanation he says Oh it hasn't been (something that I can't remember), done that now I can see it and run diagnostics. Yes all good it's doing some self tests, 5 mins later i'm working.

What this shows up is that having people working from scripts who don't understand the system is costly for both you and us. And finally a big thank you to Ben.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us Teebee,

I'm glad to hear the matter has been resolved for you, however many apologies for the delays.

Do pop back up if you require any further assistance.

Take care,

Kain