Menu
Raigeke
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Quickstart delivery

So here's the issue.

I recently set up a contract online consisting of a phoneline, maxitv package and 200m broadband; initially i was given a technician visit dated on the 22nd December.

Virgin then called me on the 16th to offer me a quickstart kit, to which I agreed. This was due to arrive today and instead I have received a text saying that it will not be arriving due to things "beyond their control"; after doing some research I see now that this is a problem that people have been encountering for the past two weeks, likely due to port delays in response to brexit.

I fail to see why they are still calling people and accepting new customers if they are aware that they cannot provide the service? Surely this must be some form of misconduct?

Either way, I am considering cancelling my services on the spot in response to this shocking customer service. My services are now live and I imagine I'll be expected to pay my bill on the standard date despite not receiving equipment until January most likely.

Won't be recommending this service to anyone as of yet. Very disappointed.

Aaran.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quickstart delivery

Your contract starts once your service starts. Without equipment it cant start.

Since they don't know when the equipment will arrive it makes sense to get everything else ready for potential new customers, but I agree they should state that there might be a delay. 

Raigeke
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's good to know that I won't be getting charged as my service hasn't started but I'm more frustrated that they are actively calling people and offering them quickstart kits instead of engineer callouts if they're just going to fob us all off with an automated text and no mention of any problems on the phone.

I was given the impression that my broadband would be setup today, instead I am still unable to continue with work for university and have to put all of my online shopping on hold for the sake of the little mobile data I have.

Just seems like a pretty crappy way to treat new customers 😔

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure that Virgin are as upset as you, because without the equipment they can't start charging you. 

Somewher in a dock there is a container full of Virgin gear and they don't know from day to day when they will get it. So I suppose all they can do is to keep planning dates and hope it will arrive in time. 😞  

0 Kudos
DaftClanger
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Get used to it, Virgin customer service is crap.

I had the same issue yesterday, text to say my hub4 wasn't coming and Yodel saying no date scheduled. It arrived today without warning but I'm getting slower speeds than the hub 3 it replaced despite my having upgraded from 300Mbps servier to 1Gbps. Hopefully yours will turn up tomorrow.