Menu
Dragil
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Quickstart all ok, but internet not working

Hi. Just finished setting up my Virgin Media Hub 3.

Everything went smoothly, white power strip is on and not flashing.

Computer connected with ethernet not working.

Phone with wifi also not working.

Need help ASAP

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quickstart all ok, but internet not working

All new  / replacement electronic equipment needs to be activated.

Hub Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Dragil
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike.

I rang the number too. It says it's all activated and I got a message. However, not sure why it still doesn't work. Hub has a solid white light, just not working at all. It's very odd.

0 Kudos
Grayson1968
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same issue, upgraded hub 2 to 3 from 200mb to 500mb. Impossible to get through to technical. Reset Router 3 times still the same. Internet access denied when connecting to dashboard. Phone 0800 number and hub is activated and online. 

I've swapped back to my hub 2 and its working fine. 

0 Kudos
Dragil
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've called them, they give 2 options. 1 to active, 2 for other issues. It said allow up to (1 minute) for you to be answered.

It's been 45 minutes still nothing.

They're using this coronavirus bs to not have any staff on. Seriously, dreadful customer service. Billionaire philanthropist should so something to make Virgin Media a bit better.

I called to buy their broadband I was answered in 2 minutes. They have salespeople on, but not technicians to help solve customer service queries.

No chat either, just community helping us out.

0 Kudos
Dragil
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To add to this...

They ended up answering after 50 minutes waiting.

Said it's their fault an error with their setup takes up to 3 days to fix it they'll call me when fixed... nice. 3 more days without wifi.

Grayson1968
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I agree it's an absolute joke. I'm thinking of cancelling all my services and going with Sky. 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Dragil,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry your new equipment did not work upon installing! I understand how frustrating this must have been for you. However, I have checked our fault checker for your services and can see the faults team fixed this issue for you. Can you give me a quick update on how things are on your side please? 

If you're still having problems, please let me know what is occurring 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos