Menu
jmcateer565
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Quickstart Engineer required

Hi, I ordered my virgin media quickstart pack, but on moving into my new flat it's apparent there's no present virgin media connections, only a BT master socket 5c. I think I need an engineer to install my broadband, how do I go about getting one out ?

Cheers, 

Jamie

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quickstart Engineer required

wait here for VM who should arrange something or give them a ring

if the system has allowed quick start then VM has been installed previously - it may be that the internal box has been removed but worth having anotherlook - start on the outside and look for an internal box - follow any wiring from that

or

search internally for a coax cable - some remove the internal box but leave the cable - if that exists then you may be able to get up and running with an adaptor

Tony
jmcateer565
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Had a look around, all i can see is a blanking plate beside another RF connection in a different room, unless there is Coax behind that, can't get a look at that until after work.

Gave them a ring yesterday and didn't get through, but i understand they're over capacity due to covid, at the end of the day I'll need someone out to install anyway, I'll give them another buzz later and see what happens, or hopefully someone from VM replies here. 

Cheers for the reply Tony

0 Kudos
jmcateer565
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are there any virgin mods that could help? I'm feeling a bit lost here, i've tried to phone a number of times but understand the call centres are very busy, I'm concerned virgin won't even know there is an issue and I need to get sorted ASAP as i'm WFH.

Thanks, 

Jamie

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

staff will pick the post up - can take a day or two - before that happens you need to keep trying the phone 

Tony
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @jmcateer565

Welcome to our Community and thanks for  your first post - i was sorry to understand that you've had an issue with your self-installation. I have located your account and I can see that you have decided not to go ahead with the installation. 

I am sorry to hear that. If you change your mind, please do let us know

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos